The Racers Edge

At the age of 40, I decided to go motor racing - The ultimate mid life crisis.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

The Countdown Begins

Only a week to go until we head off for the 24 hour race in Thailand. Today, I did the Raceland 90 minute endurance race, which was actually (for me) 120 minutes as I did all of the 30 min practice/qualifying and then the whole race. I managed to get pole position by a couple of 10ths from Brett/Lewis and by halfway through the race, I had a lead of about 30 seconds. Then it started raining, which made things pretty difficult, mostly due to not having a rain suit on - By the end of the race I was soaked to the skin, but I'd managed to lap the entire field so it wasn't so bad:-)
Tomorrow night (Monday), Neil, Fraser (Neils brother), Dom and myself are competing in some endurance race at Scotkart in Cambuslang - apparently is the final of the industry challenge - should be fun.
Then next weekend, it's the 3rd round of the ESKC endurance championship at Crail raceway. Each meeting consists of 3 one hour races, and in the first two meetings, we've had four first places, a second and a third, so we are hoping to stay in the top 3 in each of the races next weekend. This may be tough as a few of our rivals have been spending lots of time testing at Crail to improve their karts setup. Rumor has it that 2 teams have managed to do laps of 43.6 seconds! Our best ever at Crail is a 44.6, so next weekend could be hard work. And that will complete the preparation for Thailand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home