The Racers Edge

At the age of 40, I decided to go motor racing - The ultimate mid life crisis.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Random Thoughts

I've now got 2 weeks of my current contract left - Was supposed to be 'till the end of June, but such is life. I was also supposed to be racing in the Britsports series at Snetterton in a supercharged Radical on the12th/13th of May, but not if I'm out of contract. Time to hit the Jobserve site.

Like any big company, the place I've been at for the past 2 years or so is riddled with politics and process, but in general, the contractors and permies are up for a laugh, which helps get the job done. I've met some good folk, and learned lots, so all-in-all, a good contract.

I've also managed to get to the gym 2-3 times a week (at lunchtime) which has helped me get my dodgy knee back to a semblance of normality after being told, in 2001, that it was not going to get any better. At that point, walking more than half a mile made it swell up and become pretty painful. However, I played in my first 11-a-side football match on Sunday, after the endurance karting, and have been playing in a weekly 5-a-side game for the past 18 months. Knowing what I know now, I don't think I should have continued to play Volleyball for so long - don't get me wrong, it was the focus of my life for years, but I should have stopped after the first knee op, not the fifth!

Most folk seem to go out and get hammered when they leave, but not me (or Dom who's been terminated early as well). We're having an endurance kart race (predictable or what:-)) next Tuesday - Maybe they'll give us the old (for old read faster) karts! Then it's the Go-Live party next Thursday evening - Methinks that it could be an eventful evening, with at least 50 people due to leave over the subsequent week or so. DeMob happy me? Never..........

1 Comments:

At 8:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All good things come to an end DJ; you never know whats around the corner just waiting to be picked up and taken to the next level.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home