The Racers Edge

At the age of 40, I decided to go motor racing - The ultimate mid life crisis.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Some of our Karts are broken......

So, you're running the first round of your championship and the first thing you have to do is change to format of the event coz you don't have enough karts to have 8 heats. So you change it to 10 heats but still hve at least 2 karts per race break down or, even worse, be 3-4 seconds off the pace. What a shambles. Raceland are due to get their new karts in time for the May meeting, so I expect that the April round will be just as chaotic. For the first time in months, none of the karts I had broke down, but with a variance of 3-4 seconds between the best & worst karts that I had, it was not fun. However, because you can drop two rounds from the season, then March and April are the bets for mine. I seriously considered giving the April meeting a miss, but maybe I'll get lucky:-) And to really make it a great day, I got offered a drive in the Britsports championship in a supercharged Radical - The race is when I'm on holiday:-(( The one good thing is the news about the race in Thailand in June. More about that later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home