The Racers Edge

At the age of 40, I decided to go motor racing - The ultimate mid life crisis.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Chris wins at Spa

I was going to write my usual diatribe about today's Super GP race meeting at Raceland, but not any more!

I first met Chris Hyman in 2000 when I tried my hand at Formula Palmer Audi - In 2001 we shared a garage a few times and we got on pretty well. I knew that Chris was heading of to New York for a shareholders meeting, so you can imagine my shock when the atrocity of 9/11 took place - it turned out that Chris had been in a lift on his way down to the ground floor when the first plane hit, and once he got out of the building, he saw a 'minivan', a couple of yards from him, crushed by falling masonry. We exchanged txt messages, so I knew he was OK, but his account of what had gone on was truly scary. It's worth noting that in his next time in the car, he put the car on pole! Well this weekend, he was racing at the world famous Spa circuit in Belgium. For Race 1 he qualified 3rd and finished 2nd - For Race 2 he put it on pole, but stalled at the start, eventually recovering to 8th. Starting from 4th in race 3, he 'blitzed' the field and posted a fantastic win on the best circuit in the world (IMHO). Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.

I managed a 2nd in the Raceland Super GP with finishes of 2nd, 3rd, 6th and 1st.

Happy Days.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home