The Racers Edge

At the age of 40, I decided to go motor racing - The ultimate mid life crisis.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

July

Since I returned from Thailand, I've been thinking lots about the whole experience. The racing was a bit frustrating, but the rest of the week has had a profound effect on my cynical old head. If we'd managed to win, the Camillian Centre would have benefited to the tune of $12k - That's a lot of food/education/love & support for these kids. As most of you know, I'm constantly trying to get cash to race in Formula Palmer Audi and this year, I've managed to save quite a lot. So it's easy choice time, go racing or help the kids - no contest. More details to follow.

I'm currently really pissed off with Easyjet. There are 20 of us going to Bedford on August 3rd. On Saturday, I got a mail from them saying my flight from Glasgow to Bedford on Aug 2nd had been cancelled. So now I have to be at the Airport for 17:00 instead of 18:30. That's not too bad, and it seems the rest of the Glasgow travelers can cope with this inconvenience. Today (Sunday July 23rd), Jack gets a similar mail from Easyjet saying that the return flight from Bedford to Edinburgh has also been cancelled. The latest flight they can catch home is now at 18:40. Given that Bedford Autodrome is at least an hour and a bit away (much more at rush hour) from Luton Airport, this is a real problem. Fortunately, Jack and Mark have the flexibility to get to Glasgow and fly from there. I'm waiting to hear from the rest of the Edinburgh folk.

Michael and I had a run out at Raceland in the endurance championship last Sunday - We finished 3rd, but it wasn't much fun. However, I am looking forward to the next round of the Crail endurance series next Sunday. It seems that everyone else is testing, buying new karts and generally gunning for us :-). We were planning to test a week ago, but it didn't happen. Hopefully, we'll get out on Saturday to refine our setup.

Oh, and I managed to secure a 3 month contract working at a bank in Glasgow.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home