The Racers Edge

At the age of 40, I decided to go motor racing - The ultimate mid life crisis.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Post Diagnosis

Since my last post, I've slowly been getting back into my usual routine. I got the all clear from the doc to resume exercise, but if I had any of my symptoms, that would be the end of it until the operation. So in the past few weeks I've started playing 5-a-side again, although instead of the usual heart rate of 170, the max I've seen is 141 - I guess the beta blockers really work....
I also took part in an indoor endurance kart race, which Al took part in - he even whacked me a couple of times just to let me know he was there, and I also decided that a race at the Raceland GP series would be the next 'test' - At my request, I started last for the first race and as it went OK, I continued, managing to go on and win the final by 8 seconds and set the fastest lap. Given that exercise seemed OK, I have just returned from my annual trip to Whistler where they've had a record snow fall this year. I had a great time, but the girl in the picture (Mrs DJ) managed to lacerate her knee with one of her own skis whilst attempting a triple salko in fairly deep powder :-) So we had a few days off, but still managed to have a good time overall.

So this weekend, I'll be returning to Crail, with Ros, to try our new kart, which I haven't seen, and I'm not even sure what make of chassis it is.

Meanwhile, I hope you all saw the Great Global Warming Swindle on Channel 4 a few weeks back - It was nice to hear the other viewpoints in the mainstream media - As expected, the true believers didn't like it - But still no one wants to take my 1,000 pounds.......

1 Comments:

At 9:52 am, Blogger Dominic said...

Bit of a co-incidence that you and that lady in the photo frame happended to be both on holiday at the same place at the same time :-)

Serioulsy though, hope Mrs DJ is all fully mended now and glad that you are doing ok too. I didn't see the channel 4 prog but I have been posting plenty of comments onto the BBC "Have Your Say" forums about all that man made global warming nonsense.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home