The Racers Edge

At the age of 40, I decided to go motor racing - The ultimate mid life crisis.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Crail - Summer Endurance 5

Today's meeting at Crail was tough for me - I started to get a sore throat on Friday night, and I spent most of Saturday doing very little as I felt crap. But I didn't feel to bad on Sunday morning, so of I went on the 90 minute drive to Crail. Once again we were blessed with fine weather, although no where near as warm as last month. Ros qualified us in second place, but I had a bad start and dropped 3-4 seconds behind the lead 3 of Milwalk, XLB and Apollo. Still, I maintained the gap and we managed to leapfrog Apollo at the pit stop. Ros drove really well and diced with Mark of XLB for the lead, eventually crossing the line less than 0.5 seconds behind. Race 2 is a reverse grid and I got caught up with a guy in a GX200 kart (the rest of us race GX160s) at the start which lost me a few seconds - however, I made my way through to third by the changeover and Ros quickly caught and passed the 2 ahead to win by 8 seconds. I have to say I was feeling pretty rough by now, but I only had one more stint to do. I was on pole for race 3 and diced with Chris from Milwalk for most of the half hour - I then proceeded to hit the tyres coming into the pit lane losing us around 15 seconds, which cost us the race - Ros chased the leader down but was still 5 seconds down on Milwalk by the flag. We still won the day and gained a further point on second placed Milwalk, but it was a day of what might have been. We take a 15 point lead into the final meeting of the season at the end of September, which should make for a good race meeting. Andy and Jamie continued to improve and despite carrying a good few extra kilos, Jamie is starting to get onto the same pace as Andy.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 5:36 am, Anonymous Zaramanda said...

The site has not caused widespread searches more than ever before making the web sbobet ดาวน์โหลด as a whole came out very well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home