The Racers Edge

At the age of 40, I decided to go motor racing - The ultimate mid life crisis.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Whilton here we come....

After the excitement of last week's trip to Bedford, there wasn't much going on this week. Ros and I are joining forces with Eric and Scott (Apollo), Noel (MS kart) and Robert (races Rotax) to enter the UK 24 hour race at Whilton Mill next weekend. We managed to win the Club Class last year and, with Robert no doubt bringing some speed with him, we hope to defend the title this year. I'm still profoundly affected by the experience of Thailand, and today I managed to send them six thousand pounds to make up for the cash we didn't win in the race. I'd been saving this money over the last 2-3 years to fund some car racing. Of course, this means that I'll not be making my annual appearance in the FPA Autumn Trophy, but I'd like to think that the money will be better spent helping some of the fantastic children we met out there. Those that know me well, may think I've "lost it" by giving away my only chance of car racing this year (Fiona said much the same!), but if you'd been there, I think you'd understand.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home