The Racers Edge

At the age of 40, I decided to go motor racing - The ultimate mid life crisis.

Monday, February 12, 2007

Bother......

Last Tuesday, I went to see another cardiologist at Glasgow Royal Infirmary expecting to be told to slow down a bit - what he said was a bit of a shock.

From the printout from my 24 hour recording, he could see that during the football match last Thursday, my heart rate suddenly jumped up to 270 bpm and for the next 6 hours, was "all over the place". He explained to me all of the options, the upshot being that I'm on the waiting list for an operation in around 3 months time. As of now, I'm on beta blockers, which have made me feel crap:-( He reckoned I'd been very lucky not to have had a more serious outcome to any of the events I've had over the past 15 months. I've tried to work it out, and it must be close to 120 times I've had to deal with my irregular heartbeat.

So, no exercise for the past 10 days and it's driving me nuts - hopefully I'll get the all clear to resume some sort of training soon.

It's all been a bit of a shock, but it should all be sorted out soon.


On the MMGW front, there have been no takers - surprise, surprise............

3 Comments:

At 3:48 pm, Blogger Dominic said...

Gosh DJ.

Hope everything goes Ok and they get it all sorted out.

Just spoken with Craig and it seems they can do it through a keyhole which, I guess, is good news.

 
At 7:25 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

You're not the only one :-) It's not really keyhole. They go in through veins in the groin and then ablate the tissue that's causing the "short circuit". There's a good animation at http://www.blaufuss.org/SVT/index.html.

If it doesn't work, you can have my guitar :-)

 
At 7:19 pm, Blogger Dominic said...

Ok, but don't go getting any ideas that you will be getting mine if it all goes OK :-)

and just wait until you see the 5 string bass I currently have on order from Germany.

p.s. I am sure it will go ok and make sure you keep us posted nearer the time so we can all root for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home