The Racers Edge

At the age of 40, I decided to go motor racing - The ultimate mid life crisis.

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Sport?

For me, today was the final round of the Raceland GP series. I was looking forward to a fun day, but when I spotted 'the stock car racers' turning up, I knew there'd be trouble. I was lucky enough to avoid them all in my first 3 heats and bagged finishes of 4th (from 13th), 1st (from pole) and 6th (from 6th). We then watched with total disbelief as their ring leader, who I have been 'punted off' by 4 times this year, deliberately try to take out Owen (championship leader)for 3 corners - he eventually succeeded by not braking at all for a 110 degree left hander and punting Owen into the tyres. He got black flagged for this (excluded) but this didn't help Owen, whose chances of winning the championship are now very slim. To add to Owen's misery, I, along with David Morgan who is the other contender, got taken out by another one of the neanderthals in the final heat - he even had a second go at me a lap later just after I'd passed him - I eventually finished 8th (from 12th). It's sad to think that these morons will have a say in the final standings - I'm almost glad that I don't have to race against them again - Unless they turn up at next weeks endurance race :-((

1 Comments:

At 9:02 am, Blogger Al said...

I'm sure you take such shennanigans with good humour though.

DJ - 2/1 on going postal on the final day

;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home