The Racers Edge

At the age of 40, I decided to go motor racing - The ultimate mid life crisis.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

ManFlu :-(

Last Friday I was due to head down to the Daytona circuit in Milton Keynes to take on some F1 drivers (among other) in the Annual F1 Karting Challenge - but I had spent the first few days of the week suffering from full on ManFlu, and despite lots of rest and fluids, my temp was still way up on Friday morning and I had to admit defeat. Luckily, we had a more than capable Junior Rotax racer just itching to take my place, so I spent most of Saturday checking my text messages to follow the race.

The team (Declan McDonnell, Dave Morgan, Scott Mitell and Joe Wiggin (my replacement)) had managed to qualify 9th of 31 in a dry session, but with a very wet Saturday forecast, I expected them to move up a few places - which they did, running in 2nd for most of the race until a clip failed and the battery fell off, which lost them loads of time.

But they still managed to work their way back to 4th place ( 2nd of the non F1 teams) by the end of the race - a great result!

Now I have to look forward to the VLN race at the 'ring in 2 weeks.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home