The Racers Edge

At the age of 40, I decided to go motor racing - The ultimate mid life crisis.

Friday, April 02, 2010

2010 - The year of Endurance?

Despite, my best efforts, I just couldn't find a Formula V race car to buy for this season. So, it looks like it'll be a year of 24 hour races. Dubai seems like a distant memory, but I'm really trying to get to the point where I can join the guys at this year's 24 hours race at the Nurburgring in May. Having never even been there, it's going to be tough to persuade the organisers that I should be allowed to race, but if they take into account the Britcar 24 in 2008 and this years Dubai 24, it might just be enough - more later.

The Britcar 24 is once again taking place on the Silverstone GP circuit in October and we have paid our deposit, so the Integra will be there - looks like we will have our strongest ever team so a class win is our goal.

And the year wouldn't be complete without the Monaco Kart Cup - Which clashes with the Donington round of the British GT championship - So Chris and Piers may have to miss it this year.

In between times I'm hoping to make it up to Crail a few times and I'm sure there'll be some other races that I'll scrounge a drive at......



1 Comments:

At 12:36 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul Smiths GAC is on the market soon I believe...?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home